Monday, November 01, 2004

I Endorse...

Before I begin this particular post, I must whole-heartedly apologize for my inability to bring all the issues to the forefront during the home stretch of this election season. I ran into significant road blocks that didn't afford me the time to post any additional "Issues Blogs," though I began a few and was in the process of gathering information to complete them. However, the election is now upon us, and I'm sure everyone wants to know exactly whom it is that I endorse for President of the United States of America.

I proudly endorse (drumroll) David Cobb of the Green Party (with Independent Candidate Ralph Nader running a close 2nd) for President. I had the grand opportunity of listening to him debate with Libertarian Presidential Candidate Michael Badnarik, and certainly enjoyed his views which encompassed everything from the War in Iraq to issues that affect me in my own back yard. It was a breath of fresh air to hear someone actually talk about something that mattered. This is in direct contrast to Bush and Kerry. It seems like the more they talk, the less they say; and the only way they could say less is to talk more. So David Cobb, you have my endorsement.

However, I live in a nation full of mindless little trolls that march to the drum of either an elephant or a donkey. As a result, if I want to help the United States save face with respect to the international community, I'll have to put my eggs in a basket that doesn't have any holes in it. It would be nice to truly endorse Cobb (or Nader) and then go out and vote for him. But this year, more than ever, this nation needs change. Both in Foreign Affairs and Domestically. As a result, I am encouraging every soul with a voter's registration card to vote for John Kerry. He is a pathetic candidate, but at least there's potential with him.

We've seen what Bush can do... absolutely nothing. And he's already had four years to do something significantly positive, and he hasn't. He has failed miserably. 5 Million people have lost Health care and costs are up some 30+ percent, he's the 1st President in 75 years to lose jobs, tuition is increasing at a rate that far exceeds Federal funding-making College less attainable to many, and the rest of the world absolutely HATES us. We need not see anymore. We can't see anymore. WE NEED CHANGE.

So friends, family, acquaintances and enemies too, please do join me in record numbers at the polls tomorrow, November 2nd, 2004, and vote that filth out of office. We can no longer stand to beat around the Bush!

And May God Bless America!
-Maelstrom

No comments: