Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Welcome to the Vortex!

Welcome to the Vortex. This particular blog has been created in order for me to expel my various thoughts on the current state of the planet. In some ways, this will be a sort of current events blog. Topics discussed will range greatly in variety, but will generally be applicable either economically, politically, religiously, or socially.
My goal is to draft at least two new blogs each week, however, in the first few weeks, I intend to post significantly more than that. It is my goal that these blogs will force people to think in a fashion that they’ve never thought before, and to bring to the forefront issues that are incredibly important, but are often swept and kept under the rug.
As for the opinions that I express here, I do not purport to know it all, nor to have the or even an answer to every topic. Furthermore, I cannot guarantee that my opinions will be enjoyed by the majority, but I can guarantee that each of my opinions will be well thought out and there should be a clear and intellectual path to my conclusions. In the event, however, that I have overlooked a key point/argument, or one feels that I am off base, please feel free to email me and express that concern. Incidentally, some of the postings that are on this page may indeed be published in the future. For this reason, I ask that if anyone intends to use any of my writings, for whatever the reason, that I receive credit or that I am referenced in the process.
Finally, I have a number of friends that I know enjoy writing, and would like the opportunity to post a blog here. Hopefully I will be able to oblige, but I reserve the right to post or not to post any blog that anyone sends me and wishes to have put up.
Please do enjoy this blog, send the address to your friends, and give me any feedback on how to improve it.

ENJOY!
-Maelstrom

No comments: